"I understood all the words. They were new and made sense. That's why the past was the past. That's why, if everything changes and wears out, then loves also fade away. You should know I'll look for your heart if you take it somewhere else. I'll look for your soul in the cold, in the flame. I 'll cast a spell on you, so that you love me still. You shouldn't have started, attracted me, touched me. I shouldn't have given so much, I don't know how to play. People tell me that today that's how other women do things. But I'm not any other women. Before we get too close, before we throw it away, You should know I'll look for your heart if you take it somewhere else. I'll look for your soul in the cold, in the flame. I'll cast a spell on you, so that you love me still. I'll find other languages to sing your praises. I'll pack our bags for the fields of eternal harvests. I'll say those magic words spoken by African healers. I'll say them with no regrets, so that you love me still. I'll make myself a queen so that you don't leave me. I'll make myself new so the fire starts again. I'll become like those other women who make you happy. Your games will be our games, if that's what you desire. I'll make myself brighter, more beautiful, to rekindle the spark. I'll turn myself to gold, so that you love me still."


Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Homecoming












You asked me to pick you up at the airport and I can’t wait to see you again, after two months being without you. The traffic is slowing me down and I curse, afraid to be late. I finally reach the airport just in time, park my car and run to the place we agreed to meet. Breathless, I look around until my eyes set on you. You’re standing near the big window that allows you to watch the planes take off, gazing into space, not aware of the look the women near you are giving you; in that moment, I feel so proud that you are mine… As if you sense my presence, you slowly turn around to meet my eyes, a smile playing on your lips. I run to you, unable to restrain myself; you open your arms to catch me in a swirling embrace, your mouth finding mine, giving me a scorching kiss.

Laughing, holding each other tight, we finally exit the airport to reach my car. The drive back home is easier, the night is now here, and the traffic is fluid. We don’t talk but touch each other, your hand on my thigh, caressing it, letting me know that you are as impatient as me to be home. The electricity in the car is intolerable and I can’t wait to show you properly how much I missed you.

After what seems an eternity, we finally reach the house and I park the car in the backyard. As soon as I turn the engine off, you take me in your arms to bring me on your lap. Before I can argue that we need to get inside the house, you strip me in a hurry and latch at my body like a starved man.

No comments:

Post a Comment